Now that fall is among us it’s time to start decorating for the best season of the year! Do-it-yourself fall decor is not only gorgeous, but affordable and so much fun. From pumpkin arrangements, table settings, Halloween decorations, or getting a head start on Thanksgiving, there’s a DIY decoration for you! The possibilities of fall crafts and creations are endless, but here are our top 5 favorites to help you warm up your space as the weather gets chilly.
Nothing says “autumn” like a harvest wreath. This unique design of cotton, commonly found during the fall season, is a great foundation to build a seasonal wreath.
How to Make the Wreath:
- First, purchase a grapevine wreath, your choice of size. Then purchase small bundles of cotton and other fall accents to insert into your wreath.
- Next, simply intertwine the cotton and other decorative pieces into the left side of the wreath to your liking.
- Finally, tie a burlap ribbon in a bow at the top of the wreath for the finishing touch.
Jazz up your acorn decor with acrylic craft paint! This simple addition can make all the difference for a fun, fall centerpiece. Place them in a small glass bowl for a subtle touch of fall or a large cylindrical vase for the focal point of the table.
How to Paint Acorns:
- Before painting, place acorns on a foil-lined cookie sheet and bake at 170* for a few hours.
- If a few caps fall off, simply hot glue them back on the nut; they are easier to paint this way.
- Use a paintbrush to paint acrylic craft paint onto your acorns. Use any colors that match your setting! We recommend different shades of green, red, orange, and gold for a dimensional fall look.
- When they dry, use them for whatever you want! A centerpiece bowl, a fall container, or glass vase, the opportunities for acorn decor are endless.
Bring your fall decorations to life! This fun and easy craft not only gives your guests something to look at but to play with as well.
How to Make the Game:
- Paint 32 squares on a large (roughly 30-inch) wood board with burnt orange craft paint.
- Use mini white and orange pumpkins as game pieces.
- 12 of each color.
This candle centerpiece is perfect for a simple, elegant look. Rustic elements like candles, burlap, twine, and fall colored leaves come together to create a beautiful focal point for your Thanksgiving dinner.
How to Make a Candle Centerpiece:
- First, purchase four or five candles in varying heights and widths.
- Place the candles on a wooden tray; could be a family heirloom or something you pick up at a yard sale- no need for anything expensive!
- Next, hot glue a thick band of burlap around each candle’s center.
- Each candle gets one or two autumn leaves added on top of the burlap band.
- Lastly, tie each leaf off with a strand of burlap string.
Wheat Bundle Centerpiece
Give your fall centerpiece a West Texas feel! This elegant display of wheat creates a classic look that will be the perfect addition to your table. This easy DIY centerpiece captures the simple beauty of one of the South Plains’ famous crops.
How to Make a Wheat and Cotton Bundle Centerpiece:
- Bundle dozens of wheat stem with the soft wheat grain heads at the top.
- Wrap a neutral-colored rubber band around the base to secure your arrangement.
- Then, simply wrap a wired burlap ribbon around the base, over the rubber band, for structure and beauty.
- Place the arrangement on a simple wooden plank or tray as a platform.